Big UFC fight card this Saturday night in Rio. After watching the last one from Brazil, I think we can count on two things:
1. The Brazilian fighters will be fired up
2. The fans will be even more fired up
Even casual fans had to love the energy from the crowd during the last UFC event in Brazil. Here are my predictions:
1. Aldo by decision over Mendes. I think Aldo's striking skills will be too much to ask. Mendes is a great wrestler, but he's going to struggle with Aldo.
2. Belfort by TKO over Johnson in the 2nd. Belfort is going to come out fast and want to put a show on for the hometown crowd. I like Johnson, but it's not going to be his night.
3. Palhares by submission over Massenzio in the 2nd. I think Massenzio will put up a better fight than some are expecting, but Palhares ground game is way too strong for Massenzio.
I'm looking forward to it... can't wait!